Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fire Proof

Wow. Last night, we saw the movie Fire Proof with Kurt Cameron! Well, the consensis from everyone was that it was a little cheesy, but a good overall movie. After I came home, I went to the website recommended at the end of the movie fireproofyourmarriage.com. I was excited to see that "The Love Dare" is indeed available, and is on the NY Times bestseller list as #1 (as of 10/10/08). How exciting!

So, this was a good movie. I had heard that we would cry and laugh. We did that (or at least I know I did). It was interesting to see the things in this movie that are both directed towards the men... and some at the women. I really liked how the father brought back around the information about coming to Christ as they were standing at the base of the cross on their little walk.

I don't want to say too much because, if you haven't seen it.... I don't wanna spoil it. I am still trying to process the movie, and trying to figure out where I need to apply it in my own life. I can only hope and pray that God will give those answers to me. And, I will DEFINITELY be going to purchase "The Love Dare". I am thankful that I have a husband who loves me, and I him.... and we will hopefully never be at the same point of this couple. But knowing that there is a book out there that will encourage you to do the right things... NOW.... is a good thing.

I am excited to see and hear how God works through this movie in both my own marriage, and in others around me. Please, share.

No comments: